I had to take the car into the shop for new brakes, rotors, and wipers so I decided to pass the time by walking over to the Merrick Park shops to perdue their wares. For those that don't know, Merrick Park is one of those upscale high-end malls with stores like Gucci, Prada, Burberry, etc. Some interesting observations:
- I should never go to any mall, let alone shops like these when I really dont want to buy stuff. I wasn't here 30 minutes and I already had a new pair of shoes to lug around. This set off a chain reaction where I found myself trying on more shoes and clothes with my classic shopping mentality that spending a shitload of money is a lot easier once you've broken the ice with the first big purchase. Luckily common sense and my superior willpower stepped in before things got out of hand. Like $2300 blazer out of hand.
- One thing you can count on at shops like this is seeing many beautiful women. Sure, there a a good amount who think they are beautiful thanks to many facial beautification procedures, but there still are a lot of naturally beautiful women. Er, at least from the neck up.
- I need to make more money or cut back spending on foolish things in order to really take advantage of a day I shopping here. Because I don't go clothes shopping too often, I usually give myself a budget of $1000 at the most. Here, I need at least $5-7k to get what I want. Maybe someday I'll get to that level of discretionary income. That or maybe one of these hot women with shitload of money want to be a sugar momma? Hey, I may not be rich but I can sure fuck like a jackrabbit.
- Im noticing that hot younger girls that shop with mom or grandma like to do so arm-in-arm. Kinda weird if you ask me. I just don't get this. Maybe the younger one is showing love because the older one is shelling out some serious loot?
- This place is very relaxing. Plenty of fountains and such providing soothing sounds, no huge mall crowds and the noise that comes with them. There are plenty of comfy chairs to plop down in and read or chat and many seem to be doing just that without be hassled to move along.
Merrick Park is one of those areas I hardly go to just because I'm really not a fan of Coral Gables for some reason. I'm going to have to remember how I always enjoy a trip here and try to come back more often.