Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hitting the Links

Playing 18 this morning with Rick of SFDB. Updating on Twitter if u r a follower.

***UPDATED***

Well, Rick took a 5 shot lead after 9 thanks to an 8 by me on the par 4 5th hole and a 7 on the par 4 9th. Poor iron play and sloppiness around the green killed me on those two holes. On the back 9, I just couldn't hold it together. Plagued by inconsistency. After a chip in for birdie on the par 4 13th to pull me within 5 strokes of a tie, I proceeded to chunk a 4-iron into the drink an fell back to 7 shots out. Rick finally showed signs of fatigue on the 17th and 18th and I was able to capitalize and gain 4 strokes back, winning the back 9 by 2 strokes but losing the match by 3 overall.

We lucked out with the weather. It was a beautiful sunny day with a nice breeze to keep things from getting too hot and sticky. Unfortunately, Rick decided it would be wise to let a slow ass foursome in front of our fast playing twosome so it ended up being a 5 hour round. Good times though, and for the record, Rick was sporting a tattoo of Obama on his back left calf...

No comments: