Thursday, March 11, 2010

Great Letter to Marc Sarnoff

I read this on the Coconut Grove Grapevine today and urge others to read it as well.  I've actually met Liz Goings before and she put together a solid letter regarding this ridiculous "don't feed the homeless" campaign that is being tossed around and is totally absurd.  Here is the link to the letter.  Grapevine isnt taking comments so feel free to leave em here but dont be a dick and make disparaging remarks.  That aint gonna fly here.

And for what its worth, I'm predicting that there will be a bad hurricane season for us in Miami this year.  I base this on no knowledge of weather systems but rather on history.  The last time I can remember it being this frosty outside for as long a period of time as it has been this year was the year we had Wilma and Katrina.  Maybe I'm wrong.  As much as I'd enjoy a Cat 1 or 2, I wouldnt wanna see a Cat 5 here, especially with this city in the condition its in now.

2 comments:

grogargh said...

With respect to the hurricane season, I read somewhere on the Internets that due to the El Niño going on (which is also contributing to the coldest winter in 30 years) - that the 'cane season should reflect the one we had 3 years ago in 2007 which was another El Niño winter ('06-'07) which resulted in increased wind shear in the carib basin which broke almost all of them babies apart. I'm no weather man, but I am praying that El Niño story is true.

nonee moose said...

After reading Ms. Goings' letter, I would be surprised if she had anything more to say on the matter.