Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Damn kids! At least they made me reminisce...

This was supposed to go up Tuesday but I got busy...


Last night around 10 or 11pm, there were a few of us sitting in the Courtyard of my condo building enjoying some wine as we do a few times a week when 3 kids came and jumped in the pool. I figured that they were sneaking out or something and just let it go so they could have a little fun like I did when I was that age. Well, they acted a little strange when a fellow neighbor came out of his place and they kinda left but sorta hid in the bushes to see if we cared that they were in the pool. Then they jumped back in and then got out and kinda hid over behind some bushes watching to see if anyone cared that they had been making noise in the pool. Then they left laughing. Well, I walked by the pool a little while later and noticed some strange brown substance floating in the pool and some more that had sunk to the bottom. At first, I thought it may have been the classic Caddyshack prank of the old Baby Ruth in the pool, so I fished some out with a leaf to check it out. It definitely WASNT a Baby Ruth. It was human feces. These kids took a shit, or a few shits for that matter, in the pool. We went to look for them (they came from the 2nd bldg in my complex) but they were nowhere to be found outside. Ive seen a few kids in the building but Im not sure what unit these kids came from. There were 3 of them, 2 scrawy little pukes and one that was taller with a moppy skater hair cut. I reported this the next morning so we could go about doing whatever is necessary to clean the pool. This is a disgusting act.

Now, on a "today" level, this really sucked because I like swimming in that pool. Luckily it was during the week and we had the pool drained, cleaned, loaded with chemicals, and refilled. On a "when I was that age" level though, this is downright hilarious. If I were those kids, Id be laughing my ass off for weeks. I used to be one of those punk kids. In the summer, my friends and I would go "pool hopping" and would also engage in our favorite pastime - chuckin'. Chuckin' was when we would hide in bushes, behind houses, or anywhere out of site and throw stuff at passing cars. Eggs, little crab apples, acorns, etc, all made great ammo. The best were snowballs though because they would make an awesome explosion when you nailed a car. I loved hitting the big door on a minivan because it made an awesome "boom!" Only problem with snowballs was that, if you had to run, you had to run like crazy because you left footprints which could be tracked. That or you could always run to a nearby street by yourself and just start walking down it, playing the "Im innocent" look and using the excuse that you were walking to a friends house if someone questioned you. There would always be a group of at least 3 of us and sometimes up to about 10 or more so it was always funny to see multiple projectiles nailing a car or van or truck. We were young, so we always looked out for "teenagers" aka "kids in High School that could run fast and most likely would kick our asses if we got caught." I only got caught once in my life at the age of 11. I nailed a teenager car with a water balloon and then my shoe came off in some mud while I was running which caused me to fall and made me easy prey. The kids made me wipe off their car and give my name and friends' names so they could "call our parents". Of course, being the little bastard I was I gave them all fake names and numbers haha.

I really could go on for ages about this game we would play. The adrenaline rush was awesome. This game lasted for years. In fact, after me and a roommate lost about $350 each one Sunday gambling on football games we went downstairs, put some snowballs in a bucket, and then chucked em at passing cars from our apartment window. I was 22 at the time hahaha. I guess in many ways, I'll never grow up. :)

3 comments:

Crumbs said...

Poop in the "Labels" column is always funny.

Tere said...

Yeah, I'm officially old, because shit (no pun intended) like that just pisses me off a great deal.

I don't have a sense of humor for pranks where someone can get seriously injured or end up with some deadly bacteria caused by poop.

SteveBM said...

Crumbs - Poop, poo, or anything associated with crapping or farting is always funny in my book and always will be. But, when its in YOUR pool its only funny after said pool has been thoroughly cleaned haha.

Tere - Yes, using my pool as a toilet was not cool at all. It doesnt matter how old you are, no one wants to swim with poo floating around. A Baby Ruth wouldve been hilarious though.